Our client is in the managed IT consulting and services company and they are looking for a Systems Engineer to join their talented and dynamic team. The ideal candidate will help in the delivery of new projects to help their clients stay connected at all times. This include all technology related to workstations, servers, networks, printers, hardware and software.
You must have at least 5 years of experience in IT, ideally from a similar industry, with strong client-focused attitude and the capability to solve complex issues, work with fun and engaging team as think-tank partners and bring your new ideas to the table.
- Provide support and advice on complex technical issues on Microsoft and Mac environments and virtual infrastructures (Citrix, Microsoft and VMWare)
- Support the deployment services for Windows servers, VMWare virtualization and troubleshooting complex server issues
- Implement and support disaster recovery / business continuity solutions
- Implement and support remote access solutions e.g. RDS, Citrix, VPN
- Create and maintain system documentation, as well as documenting work performed and time tracking
- Manage relationship and communication with customers, including timely progress reports and notification of any changes or scheduled outages
- Perform work on customer sites as and when needed
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Flexibility in working occasional nights and/or weekends when performing service-affecting work to minimize downtime during business hours
- 5 years of relevant experience in IT service engineering
- Ability to design a subsystem, system or infrastructure to achieve business objectives
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft operating systems, servers, applications
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, routers and switches
- Experience supporting mobile devices
- MCSA certification is required, or other Microsoft certifications (if you don’t have it yet, the company will support your path to certification within 6 months from date of hire)
- Strong communication skills in presenting solutions to customers, working with internal teams and management teams
Impact Recruiting LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.